Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Taylor Swift concert experience!!

Hey everyone! So I went to the Taylor Swift concert at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida....and I'll tell you what: it was fantastic. The sets were elaborate, the "prequels" to each song were thoughtful, and most of all, Taylor Swift herself, along with Ed Sheeran, are both striking entertainers and artists.

Alright so I'll go ahead and tell you about MY experience. So I got the tickets for Christmas as a present, and I was pretty stoked. Taylor Swift is one of my many inspirations, just because she is so down to earth, and chooses to ignore the haters that constantly bully her (you GO Tay Tay!).

I was pretty occupied with school and everything, so I didn't have time to make a poster...until the day of the actual concert (Wednesday, April 10, 2013). I did have homework that day, but I made the unwise decision to start doing that at 1:30 A.M. the next day.Anyways, the posters my mom's ex-boyfriends sister and I made were pretty awesome. One reads "I will be enchanted to meet you," and the other just says "
"RED," which is the name of her album and tour.

While in the car to Miami, we still had to finish up the posters, since they were only a little past half done. On the drive there, I ate chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese...with a piece of bread. It was a makeshift dinner that my mom picked up from Publix, since we were running a little late to the show. When we got there, there were swarms of people densely squished into the admissions area where they check your bags and stuff to let you in. I say densely squished, because it literally was very tightly squished.

Once we got in, there were these cool lined-up television screen things that had ads and Taylor Swift on them, and they were pretty rad. I wish I had gotten a picture at that...but there were so many people hoarding it I didn't get a chance to :(

We had to go up a few flights of stairs, to the top floor I believe, in order to get to our seats. The seats weren't that bad..they were pretty far up, though (Section 309, Row 7, Seat 12 and 11).

There were two opening acts: Brett Eldredge and Ed Sheeran. They were both amazingly talented, and pretty entertaining. For all you Ed Sheeran fans (Sheerios) out there...he sang "Give me Love", "You need me but I don't need you", "Lego House", and of course "The A Team."

The lights suddenly switched off. Screams could be heard from all over the stadium. Tension was rising. Anticipation. There was a RED stage sign thing ascending to the ceiling. It read "TAYLOR SWIFT: RED", flashing red lights that illuminated the crowd. Everyone was in this mental state, waiting for her to appear. Then there she was: her silhouette reflecting across the red curtains on the stage. Cheers and hollers echoed throughout the stadium. The music to the first track on the album "State of Grace" played to our heart's and ear's delight. I'm walkin' fast through the traffic lights...busy streets and busy lives and all we know...is touch and go. We are alone with our changing minds. We fall in love till it hurts or bleeds, or fades in time. Taylor's smooth, angelic voice lifted the room, and made it feel like the stadium itself was rocking. It was mesmerizing. 

The songs she played from her album "RED" were Red, State of Grace, Treacherous, All Too Well, 22, I Knew you were Trouble, Stay Stay Stay, Holy Ground, The Lucky One, Begin Again, We are Never Ever Getting Back Together, and Everything Has Changed ft. Ed Sheeran (she may have played Starlight...I'm not exactly sure though). From previous albums, she played Today was a Fairytale, You Belong with Me, Love Story, and Sparks Fly. She also performed a cover of "Ho Hey" by the Lumineers (maybe because the track has lines similar to You Belong with Me? I belong with you, you belong with me...)

The sets for each song were just captivating. Some were of little tinker-toys, escaping from a toy box (Love Story). Another, a haunted mansion with stormy weather, and with a masquerade-type feel. A rockin' violinist opened for it... (I Knew you were Trouble). Then there was a paparazzi dance sequence (The Lucky One). Next was an all-out dance party (22). Oh! I almost forgot about the flaunting red dresses and the flag bearers folding RED flags. And lastly...a circus with parasols and a ring-master costume.

Before her songs, she said a little speech about it. I loved how she did this, because they were great life lessons. This included that people will never outgrow their mean trait (Taylor explains how she thought when you became an adult, people will leave you alone and stop with the hate and bullying. Now, they're just in different forms, like the paparazzi and unreliable tabloids, just spreading fake rumors).

I also saw many other posters at the concert. Some read "LIKE EVER", from her song "We are Never ever Getting back Together", and "13" which is her favorite number. Most posters were either "22", or "RED". I could tell which people were super-rich, just by their posters. They were all fancy...bright LED lights that could be seen miles away. The clothes I saw were also pretty...different as well. A lot of people had the Taylor "RED" album cover shirt on (which is what I was going to wear, until Sarah, my friend that accompanied me to the concert, gave me a neon-green tee to wear). Some people were a bit adventurous, sporting tutus and dresses. I even saw three 7-10 year-old girls wearing LIGHT UP tutus. They lit up!!

Now for my Merch Haul! I literally stood in a clump of people for about 20 minutes, waiting to buy what I wanted. It was very miserable...there wasn't any air conditioning, I was coming in contact with these things they call "humans"...they were all practically breathing down your back. It wasn't fun. Once my friend, Sarah, got to the stand, I told her what I wanted, and gave her money to pay for it. I got a RED scarf, with Taylor Swift written in the middle, and her songs from the album all stitched in around it. I also bought a RED tour shirt, and a poster. Apparently, that all cost $60...very expensive merch.You can buy some of the merch here.

And that's all to it! I hope you enjoyed reading, as much as I enjoyed this concert.





No comments :

Post a Comment