Saturday, November 23, 2013

CATCHING FIRE!!! :D (A review of the soundtrack...sorta)

Wow. I'm so late to the party...
Hey guys! So Catching Fire came out yesterday, and I'm so thrilled!! I have not been able to see
it...although I made plans to see it yesterday, they were foiled :( so now I'm seeing CF next week, with my friends! I have heard many great things about Catching Fire, like how it was so true to the book, best movie ever, etc. Eeeep! I just can't contain my excitement.

I also purchased the soundtrack, which I think is a pretty awesome soundtrack. Some of the artists on the soundtrack include Lorde, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Ellie Goulding, Christina Aguilera, Mikky Ekko, The Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, Sia, and many more! My favorites are as listed:
  • "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" - cover by Lorde (originally sung by Tears for Fears).
This cover is truly amazing. I remember hearing the original song on the radio when I was little, and it's insane how much Lorde changed the song into something completely new and different. I feel like the lyrics fit the book so well...omg it's just amazing. You can listen to it here!
  • "Atlas" - Coldplay
This song has been out for a while now, and I've even heard it on the radio a few times. At first, I was skeptical about it. But now....I think I've figured it out. The message is clear: I think it's about Katniss taking the stand as the Mockingjay, and how she struggles with carrying the weight of protecting so many people. She must give hope to those who need it, and truly save Panem from destruction. Listen to the song here! (The lyric video is pretty amazing too).
  • "Mirrors" - Ellie Goulding
I just like this song. Okay? It has references to star-crossed lovers, etc. Basically, I feel like this is talking about Katniss finding herself (her self-identity...). It's almost like a summation of the events in the book "My head full of terror, of the games I played so well"...and "I try to forget the fires I started".I like it :3 Listen to the song here! :)

Fan-Made Cover :)
Okay well that's it, I guess! I also like "Who We Are" by Imagine Dragons...actually, I like pretty much all of the songs on the soundtrack. Ok? They're perfectly suited for the movie.

Since I'm not able to see the movie until next week, I have been watching a few things to cope for my loss. Here is the link to THG official Youtube. They have tons of clips and trailers to watch to get you pumped up! Here is the link to a funny spoof of CF, done by Sesame Street ;) I loved it....but the second puzzles was tricky lol.

Anyway, that is it guys! I'll be back next week (or later, depending..) with a review of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (the movie, not the soundtrack). If I don't get back before Thanksgiving...I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Until then....tick tock.
-Nate

1 comment :

  1. GreyNinja/your bio buddy/your awesome friendDecember 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM

    It was a great movie and being with you and Alex made it even better! Thanks for loaning me one of your hands during the suspenseful parts (aka the whole second half of the movie)! <3

    ReplyDelete