Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Allegiant is out today!!!

Well hello there everyone!
I'm so sorry...I've been so caught up in schoolwork, midterms, PSAT's...and everything else (ugh), that I haven't had enough time to update this blog!! I have failed as an owner </3 However, I have some very insane news for you today...if you've had a rough day, just struggling to get by, then I have some good news!!
As stated by the title of this post....
ALLEGIANT IS FINALLY OUT TODAY, ON OCTOBER 22, 2013!!
Yes, believe it, it's finally out. After months of waiting, it's here!! If you don't know what Allegiant is, it's the third and final book in the Divergent Trilogy.

Last night, I stayed up until 12:00 am just to see it come out on iBooks. It was ins
ane..everyone was freaking out on Instagram (by the way, follow me on Instagram @nate_skate) (yes, shameless self-promotion, get on my level).

Alright. I was so excited to get the book after school...until I actually went.
It was sad. I went to the bookstore, just hoping that they would have just one more copy left...and nothing. The shelves were empty, all of the Allegiant books stripped from the wooden planks, leaving them barren and forsaken with emptiness.

However...there were those boxed sets that were available, and I literally stared at Allegiant through the plastic covering, I didn't have any of the material books (I read them all on the Kindle App), and I wanted to buy them and showcase them on my bookcase. BUT....the price was just unbelievable. $60.00 for 3 books. That's $20.00 per book, but I was thinking...shouldn't there be some sort of incentive of buying the set? Maybe $10.00 off or something? Idk.

There were also some very annoying teens up in that area and my gOSH WERE THEY ANNOYING. I was just so heartbroken and delusional...I couldn't think straight. I went and got another book that I wanted (the second book in the City of Bones series!!). I went to the checkout...and my heart dropped once again. There, I see it: Allegiant, in the arms of a young girl (probably around 11-12yrs old). She was clutching it, her well-dressed father beside her (which gave me the idea that they were rich and what not). And I just lost it...I couldn't even.

Okay and end comes to end as they went up the the cashier and bought the book. I watched them walk out...grhhhh. I should be saying "Oh, I'm glad that she has the chance to read it. Go her!" but I just can't feel that way, and I know that ranting is not the right thing to do, but I just can't let my emotions build up inside me...

I go up to the cashier and the total is $13.77. Not realizing the actual total, I give her $13.00. I did this accidentally, and I know why. It was because I failed my goal, and down in the dumps...anyway, I buy my book and walk out of the store. Halfway across the parking lot, I realize that I bought the wrong book...it was supposed to be City of Ashes, but I'd accidentally bought City of Glass. I was just so focused on getting Allegiant, and then my disappointment clouded my actions...

I was pretty much dysfunctional the rest of the day. I went to buy some peanut butter from Whole Foods (you know the ground up peanut butter they have?). I fill it up wayyyyy too much, just barely letting me shut the lid. I go and pay for it...and I forget to put the sticker on the peanut butter to let the cashier know what kind it is.

So now I'm here blogging, procrastinating schoolwork, and just feeling sleepy. I bought Allegiant on Amazon, and it's expected to get here on Friday. Anyway, go buy Allegiant! I highly recommend this series to anyone and everyone! Just make sure to reserve a copy at your bookstore or library, or just order it online.
Have an awesome day!! <4 (that reference though).
-Nate

No comments :

Post a Comment