Sunday, June 16, 2013

More Divergent and Catching Fire Updates!

Hey guys! I haven't been on here in awhile...hm. :( I've just been really busy with school stuff...it is not fun. Anyway, there are a LOT of Divergent and Catching Fire updates!! *woot woot!* So here they are.

DIVERGENT UPDATES!
So the official cover for Allegiant was released, and here it is (to the right)! It looks pretty wicked. Anyways, the line at the top says "One Choice will Define You"...which is a pretty direct, though very accurate statement. As for the water slurring in the middle, I have no idea what that means. PERHAPS IT'S A REFERENCE TO DETERGENT, THE EPILOGUE?! WHAAAA!???! Just kidding :P I always connected water with peace (Amity), and the Erudite, (both Amity and Erudite are factions in the Divergent series...) since their "color" is blue. One might also argue the color of the book itself: a reddish-orange. That might be a reference to Dauntless. which is another faction in the Divergent series. Anyway, what about Candor and Abnegation (the last two factions)? Well I'm not saying, since it might potentially give away what happens...or was me telling you that something happens to Candor and Abnegation? Oh well.

If you also didn't know...there is going to be a Divergent movie coming out in 2014. The castings are set, and filming is already in progress! I have here some behind-the-scenes stuff, along with a fan-made poster/cover of the movie. It looks rad. I, however, am not certain abou Theo James, the actor that plays Four in the story. He seems a little old, and is not what I really imagined of Four. Now before you enter this long rant about how my argument is irrelevant, let me tell you it kinda is. When you read a book, I am pretty sure that everyone has a different perception of the characters and the scenes/landscape. That being said, I think that it is normal that I do not think that Theo James does not fit well, since I've imagined him to look younger, etc. That goes for all movies, specifically all books that turn into movies.
Anyway, you can check out some of the set photos and other Divergent news here at Teen.com (just click the "here"....).

Next, we have Catching Fire!!! Ahhhhh!!! This is an official poster (to the left). It looks a little Native-American-y to me. You can also see the little mockingjay-rainbow cloud in the background. The poster portrays the quote from the book "The sun persists on rising, so I make myself stand". Maybe this is some sort of reference...maybe to the revolution?! "The rebels persist on winning, so I decide to help them?!" What do you think? Am I just crazy, or is there a real meaning behind this quote?









On the right here, we have some pictures of Katniss and Prim, after Katniss comes home from the Hunger Games....it's one of my favorite scenes from the teaser trailer for Catching Fire (You can watch the teaser trailer here! I literally just re-watched it, just before I linked it here....and it gives me shivers every time). I saw the teaser trailer at the movies...it came on before..."Now You See Me" (Dave Franco! ;D) and I was fangirling with Rhiannon...and Gwen. It's just....omg.

Well, that's it guys! I hope you...erm...go see these movies when they come out. Catching Fire is in theaters October 22, 2013, and Divergent is released sometime in the Spring/Fall of 2014. OK. And Happy Father's Day! :) -Nate

1 comment :

  1. My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was totally right.

    This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information!
    Thanks!
    how to get views on youtube

    ReplyDelete